Title: Packaging Equipment Engineer
Location: Greensboro, NC
DSJ Global is currently partnered with a custom packaging corporation that is looking to add a Packaging Equipment Engineer to their growing team. This person will support the company's sale of equipment and ongoing materials by consulting with customers to match their current automation needs with the ideal machine vendor. They will also support the sales process from equipment inception to final implementation to training and equipment demonstrations.
The Packaging Equipment Engineer will be responsible for:
- Collecting and reviewing application details, make recommendations to match the packaging equipment's capability with customer needs.
- Develop and present sales proposals.
- Communicate with customers, management and suppliers regarding projects and technical details to assure successful implementation.
- Oversee complex installations and all aspects of machine installation, start-up, and training at specified customers.
- Installation and Demo Equipment: Install equipment at customer's location. Provides training on operation, maintenance and safe operation.
- Preventative Maintenance: Establishes scheduled PM calls with the customer.
- Internal Training: Utilize knowledge and experience to provide technical training to service technicians. (Example: PLC training, product training and system integrations.)
- Oversee technician's scheduling conflicts and automatic installations.
- Technical Service and Repair: Respond as needed to service tasks on customer's equipment. Troubleshoots and resolves machine problems to keep customer's equipment running at peak performance.
- Provide feedback, documents, and pictures of installation projects to be used for ongoing improvement and marketing.
The Packaging Equipment Engineer should have:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred and/or 3-5 years of previous industry experience.
- A strong background in equipment.
- Familiarity with secondary packaging equipment and overall experience working in Packaging Industry
- This role requires experience with a consultative approach to solving complex customer requirements.
If this sounds like you, apply in today!