DSJ Global is partnered with a leading paper packaging company that is looking to add to a Packaging Quality Technician to their team in Danville, Virginia. This role will primarily be responsible for a focus on daily in-house quality inspections and testing on retail paper and textile packaging items.
Position : Packaging Quality Technician
- Conduct press checks, quality inspections, and lead improvement discussions at mills, printers, and converters.
- Drive departmental improvement goals by leading in-zone technical reviews of pre-production samples, coordinating shipments to HQ, and acting as a key liaison between Business Development and Quality.
- Plan and follow up on trial production and program implementation.
- Assist in managing supplier capacity by identifying, resolving, and escalating production constraints. In case of any lag or issue, propose solutions for re-stabilization and develop action plans for success.
- Support factories in achieving goals, including lean manufacturing (specifically hand-made production), competitive costs, advanced technology adoption, minimized risks, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete all tasks with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and effective follow-up.
- Lead professional, accurate, and helpful communication with internal and external stakeholders to successfully complete assignments and resolve issues.
- Understand the basics of project management to prioritize appropriate project activities, recognizing their order, importance, and impact. Maintain Packaging commitments to project scheduling.
- Efficiently analyze and problem-solve, demonstrating the ability to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes to priorities.
- Uphold a high level of confidentiality in all tasks.
- 1-2 years of experience with paper packaging products.
- Experience in the development, testing, and production of new packaging, utilizing various component manufacturing processes and materials. Possess advanced knowledge of aesthetic and performance testing methods (crocking, resistance, color deviation, etc.).
- Preferred experience in paper packaging with a deep understanding of printing, hot stamping, paper production, and board.
- Fluency in English; additional language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bonus points for experience in planning handmade production.