To manage and lead overall plant operations ensuring the achievement of plant targets for Safety, Quality, Service and Cost. This will be executed through providing strong leadership to the plant team and managing the systems, equipment, people and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements. This individual reports directly to the Director-Manufacturing.
The Plant Lead Team members will report directly to the Plant Manager (typically 4-8 direct reports) Scope for this Plant Manager role is a small to medium sized facility with typically 300 or less employees and low to mid-level complexity.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Leads and drives plant safety culture and puts safety first in all responsibilities
- Leads identification of opportunities and problem areas for targeted improvement by creating, reviewing and monitoring data or reports that show performance to KPI's
- Oversees all aspects of human capital planning & management for the facility, including HC goal setting, improvement targets for KPI's, salary planning, performance management
- Ensure compliance with department safety, product safety, fire protection, Company polices/procedures, and housekeeping programs
- Ensures effective, timely and well developed communications for all product associates
- Manage process control initiatives by ensuring manufacturing SOP's exist, and that they are sufficient for quality, safety, and process control
- Lead and ensure growth of CI culture by providing resources, participating in teams, and leading teams as necessary.
- Ensures facility compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies
- Leads communication to all plant associates regarding business needs and results
- Meets safety targets and drives a safety culture and environment to send every employee home every day without injury
A qualified Plant Manager will have the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated passion for safety
- 5+ years of leadership experience, preferably in flexible packaging
- Proven ability to lead and drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of drivers of plant results, including ability to interpret financial results
- Demonstrated Continuous Improvement knowledge, Six Sigma Certification strongly preferred
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Package
- 401(k) with matching
- Competitive PTO package
If interested in the Plant Manager position, then apply today.