Responsible for overall plant operations. Drives manufacturing operating policy to realize business strategy. Effectively develops teams that are able to achieve corporate improvement objectives. Creates a work environment which promotes safety and quality, while adhering to all regulated environmental guidelines. Accountable for all aspects of plant performance, and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that is consistent with quality requirements, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Drives best practice through the organization and leads the implementation of improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Makes major operating, business, engineering and operational decisions, to ensure that plant is operating optimally.
- Managing Customer relationships in a positive and professional manner
- Directly, and through delegation, coordinates activities required to assure optimum safety compliance, field/shop/office efficiency, reliability, and quality in accordance with established contracts, agreements, policies and applicable regulatory laws and procedures
- Communicate, monitor and control the effective plant expenditure on labor, materials and expenses against issued budgets, ensuring accurate performance and reporting via standard site documentation and tools, and/or written reports to corporate.
- Ensure the correct implementation of all related project instructions; maintaining visibility of project progress against the agreed schedule, liaise and report on all matters of concern relating to the program, viability, safety, environmental, work quality and HR related performance.
- Ensure that project quality and safety requirements are applied in accordance with Company and statutory requirements.
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Business
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Operations/Lean Management, with P&L responsibility at the plant level is necessary.
- Machine assembly experience is highly preferred
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to manufacturing operations.
- Formal Lean training from an "academy" organization - either through direct consulting experience or via organizations with deep, well-established lean operating systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting KPI goals, including reducing supply chain costs, improving through-put, shortening cycle time, and improving inventory turns.
- Excellent proven communication skills
- Knowledge of different MRP systems
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship