Process Packaging Engineer
This position will be part of the Technical Operation Department and requires in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in semi-solids, liquids, and suspensions products. This engineer will be responsible for testing and implementing packaging designs and will manage all product development stages, including prototype development, performance testing, product evaluation, scale-up, and specifications, with other internal departments/divisions such as Quality, Analytical, Operations, and Project Management.
- Oversee and manage packaging process such as designs, performance, tests standards and developing packaging solution.
- Develop and implement packaging process improvements.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications.
- Manages pilot/trial/first production scale-up packaging processes.
- Coordinate and support Pilot Test Runs, Validation Runs, Engineering Runs.
- Review planning timelines for new projects as it relates to all Process Engineering services within the operational departments.
Required & Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in the pharmaceutical or cosmetic industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- +3 years of Process Improvement or Packaging engineering in the Cosmetics or Parametrical Industry
- A working knowledge of formula scale-up and manufacturing, filling equipment
- Experience in manufacturing pharmaceutical/cosmetic products (semisolid/solution/suspension dosages forms) is an advantage.
- Familiarity with liquids, suspensions, solutions, and semi-solid pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Familiarity in scale-up and technology transfer to pilot/commercial scale.
- Familiarity with GLP/GMP requirements.