Procurement manager - semi-conductors
- West England
- Competitive salary + bonus
Our client, an American electronics manufacturing company established over 90 years ago, is seeking a procurement manager to step into an exciting role with the potential to move into a global category management position. They are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for. Presently they serve over 100,000 end customers across industrial, transportation and electronics end markets. They operate in 15 countries and employ more than 16,000 people. The company play a vital part in many electronic devices and produce billions of components a year, helping to create a safer more sustainable future.
This individual will manage both indirect and direct procurement.
The Procurement Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee strategic sourcing activities and decisions for the site, procuring materials, tools and services.
- Develop and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies for crucial spending areas.
- Deliver savings for the overall procurement budget
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Lead or attend supplier visits/audits with the goal of improving technology, quality, cost, flexibility, and service within close collaboration with cross-functional teams
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skill set:
- At least 3 years of procurement experience
- Background in the semi-conductor industry is favourable
- Knowledge of strategic procurement
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Back to jobs