Our client is a Japanese green energy business that is expanding very rapidly, with the mission to bring cleaner biomass energy to the world. With 3 new power plants construction projects happening this year, they are looking for a person in charge of purchasing/procurement to in charge of the project.
- To coordinate contract conditions regarding materials/equipment/transportation/outsourcing, etc., as well as assess and negotiate appropriate prices for the new sites.
- To conduct industry and market trend research
- To not only operate but also obtain quotations, evaluate quotations, negotiate procurement terms, place orders, manage quality, delivery dates, and payment
- Have at least 5 years of experience in purchasing/procurement work
- Ability to communicate in English & Japanese, and preferably have experience working with oversea vendors
- Ability to create materials using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Great organising skills
- Experience participating in the establishment of a purchasing and procurement department and drafting a purchasing process flow would be a plus.
We have a current opportunity for a Procurement/Purchasing Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Japan. For further information about this position please apply now.