Role: Production Engineer
Industry: Oil & Gas
Location: Long Beach, CA
DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading life science company who are looking to expand their team with a new Production Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who are leading the Oil & Gas industry!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform feasibility studies for technology transfers and new product introduction. Includes assessment of current equipment capabilities and capital requirements.
- Identify process variations and implement measures to reduce such variations, and track effectiveness of reduction measures.
- Assist with analyzing process data and quality critical parameters for control of manufacturing process.
- Investigate off-grade batches. Identify root cause, reports findings, and implemented action items.
- Prepare/update/create/manage flow diagrams, reaction sheets, P&ID's, and equipment and control specifications.
- Provide training to maintenance and production employees on unit operations, chemistries, and batch recipe or DCS changes/enhancements in regard to production.
- Provide local expertise and support for the DeltaV Control system including programming and troubleshooting
- Provide process confirmation and feasibility studies to product scale-ups in pilot reactor.
- Provide process input to creation of manufacturing batch sheets and work in collaboration with Lab Manager for plant/lab unity.
- Be able to research and understand local EHS (Environmental, Health, and Safety) regulations.
- Participate, coordinate in and/or lead process hazard reviews, pre startup safety reviews, and management of change and provide process expertise.
- Act as the site leader role model. Participate in employee engagement activities and be a champion for safety and compliance.
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- +5 years of experience in chemical, petrochemical, refinery operations
- Must have process design understanding of analytical, flow, level, pressure, temperature, and weigh system instruments as well as pumps, tanks and pressure vessel design
- Ability to successfully work with of automation and control systems
- Strong ability to read, understand and develop P&ID's, reaction sheets, process flow diagrams, and other engineering documents
- Engineering experience with projects and conformance with approved design, environmental, and safety standards in chemical plant environment
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and ability to create procedures and train operations personnel on control systems
- Ability to lead process improvement and awareness at the plant.
- Delta V experience is mandatory