Company: A leading chemical manufacturing company is looking for a Production Planning Supervisor to join their team in New Brunswick, NJ.
The Production Planning Supervisor will be responsible for implementing new ideas and methodologies which will push for more efficient and streamlined production process by forecasting, maintain daily production schedule and ensuring inventory accuracy. Ensuring all tasks follow all applicable rules, regulations, disclosure, reporting, and labeling requirements concerning the products and its content.
- Develop and maintain company's master production schedule to include, but not limited to composing weekly production schedule and updating daily schedule priorities.
- Liaison between sales and all production functions.
- Responsible for prioritizing workload in Quality, Label and Packing.
- Analyze production procedures and develop improve methods.
- Examine and resolve issues or concerns occurring during production and take corrective action with appropriate operation employee(s).
- Communicate with staff at various sites to adjust data flow or output schedules based upon staff and production requirements.
- Schedule work flow, identify, and resolves potential or existing problems and recommend new or modified policies or procedures related to input/output.
- Create work plans to schedule new development projects and enhancement of existing systems.
- Update daily production schedule in accordance with customer priority insuring on time delivery.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory to achieve customer requirements, production flow, and target inventory goals. (Forecast)
- Insure ongoing communication of supply issues or concerns with materials personnel.
- Review and adjust MRP system parameters reflecting actual production conditions and interact with other sites (counterparts) with ERP system knowledge.
- Recommend and adjust planning parameters to improve planning and scheduling system process that include lot sizes, shrink factors, lead times and daily runs.
- Evaluate impact of customer demand changes and advice impact to plant and suppliers to prevent shortage.
- Identify areas where overall system improvements can be implemented to further streamline or integrate the planning and scheduling process, which will improve business performance.
- Work order creations and batch records creations
- Set goals within department to ensure performances goals and deadlines are being met.
- Work closely with HR to interview, train and on board any new hires or potential hires.
- Ensure all tasks follow SOPs, cGMP, GDP and other applicable rules and regulations from the chemical industry.
- Track KPIs and other metrics to ensure production work flow is efficient.
- Bachelor's in project management, Supply Chain or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred but not required.
- Project Management certifications preferred.
- Full understanding and ability to adhere to cGMP/GDP and other regulatory standards.
- Current or prior HAZWOPER is a plus.
- Experience using ERP systems, Oracle preferred.
- Must be familiar with batch records, safety data sheets and weight measurements.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a regulated environment at a supervisory level with a preferred background in Production.