Production Supervisor - for a leading Food Production Company
- Production Supervisor
A leading Food Production company is seeking a Production Supervisor who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Management, Supervisor, or Lead food manufacturing experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Production Supervisor - Will be responsible for the safety, quality, reliability, productivity, and housekeeping of all hourly production workers in the manufacturing plant during his or her shift. This is accomplished through organizing and supervising staff in all departments and monitoring workflow and machine efficiencies throughout the shift. They are also responsible to recruit, onboard, coach, engage and retain employees in the interest of building high performing teams.
The Production Supervisor - should have the following skill set:
- Associate or bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead up to 30 hourly workers including department leads
- Prior experience maintaining high standards of safety policies
- Able to spot and troubleshoot issues on manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Leadership abilities, excellent communication skills, critical thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, able to effectively operate in a fast-paced complex environment, mechanical aptitude, and computer skills
The Production Supervisor - will:
- Understand every aspect of the plant's operations (from receiving to material handling to manufacturing to packaging to shipping) and maintain all workflow processes for each product line
- Manage hourly staff to ensure safety, quality, productivity, reliability, and facility cleanliness is maintained
- Assist in decisions regarding the company's production organizational chart, including hiring for open and/or new positions on the shift, and manage temporary staffing for the shift
- Assist with productivity and maintenance functions as required (which may include operating machinery)
- Troubleshoot machines to provide guidance to departmental Technicians and Operators as well as provide feedback to Engineering and Maintenance on issues and potential fixes
- Ensure proper paperwork and data entry for the shift is being completed in a timely manner
- Track and maintain KPIs for all assigned metrics and provide feedback on shift trends as well as suggest and implement cost reduction strategies
- Effectively communicate with other shift Supervisors and the Operations Manager daily
- Run weekly shift meetings covering safety, quality, facility, HR, scheduling and other updates/notifications.
- Attend weekly production meetings with other shift supervisors and the operations manager
- Assist in maintaining tooling and printing inventories and communicate with Engineering and Maintenance to reorder items as required