- Define and manage capital projects per Management Team decisions.
- Provide downtime requirements to the Production Manager for scheduling.
- Coordinate equipment installations and construction to minimize production disruptions.
- Deliver capital projects and repairs on time and within budget.
- Ensure all departments are aware of ongoing projects and maintain daily communication with the Production Manager.
- Foster a system for sharing ideas and concerns.
- Actively participate in daily production meetings.
Process Technology and Development
- Monitor and provide technical insights into extraction, processing, and drying operations.
- Act as a technical liaison between ABFI operating units and external contractors/consultants.
- Offer technical support to production, maintenance, R&D, and quality control departments.
- Prepare for job duty coverage in case of absence.
- Prioritize safety and enforce adherence to safety policies/procedures.
- Integrate safety into project work.
- Ensure timely completion of safety-related tasks.
- Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and the Food Safety Plan.
- Control costs, align spending with budgets, and prepare annual capital project budgets.
- Identify the best value proposals for projects, considering both long-term goals and short-term budgets.
- Assist with employee training as needed.
- Uphold Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Comply with relevant employment laws.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in chemical, mechanical, process engineering, or a related field.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience with a background in projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate projects that enhance plant operations.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- Familiarity with GMPs, engineering in food production settings, and 3A standards.