Quality & Sourcing Manager
This client is the world's leading supplier of machines, automation solutions and services for mould and tool making and for the manufacture of precision parts. The company operates globally out of 50 locations worldwide, with the new headquarters being based in Biel, Switzerland.
They develop and produce machine tools and spindles in our state-of-the-art plant, which we present live to our discerning clientele in the application centre.
- Technical management of the quality and sourcing organisation (Matrix organisation)
- Processing of decision bases for make-or-buy evaluations
- Making decisions to optimise quality, costs and delivery reliability in close cooperation with the R&D and Production departments
- Ensure timely availability of purchased products to ensure smooth operations and on-time product delivery, depending on planning requirements. Act as the responsible party for escalation point related to delivery and quality issues.
- Ensure required quality at right cost of purchased products and continuously reduce our manufacturing cost
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships in cooperation with the respective quality and purchasing functions
- Analyse improvement actions and be responsible for initiating corrective actions in collaboration with our R&D and Production functions.
- Provide preliminary costing for sales in collaboration with the R&D department. Play a key role in challenging the R&D department on cost optimisation measures
- Completed basic technical training
- Further education in business administration, as a technician HF or engineer
- At least three years of experience in supply chain management. Experience in operational purchasing in the machine industry is an advantage
- Experience in product quality management with continuous improvement as well as project management is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of SAP as well as MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Negotiation and presentation skills, resilient and flexible
- Analytical mindset, goal orientation, setting the right priorities
- Fluent in German and English, other languages advantageous
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815