Quality Engineer - for a leading Aerospace/Defense Electronics Company
- Quality Engineer
- Long Island, NY
A leading Aerospace/Defense Electronics company is seeking an Quality Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Quality Engineering experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Quality Engineer - Will be responsible for supporting company Quality Management System (QMS), driving improvements, and maintaining compliance throughout the organization. As an AS9100 accredited organization, Quality has extensive visibility and prominence at our company. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented, a team player, and capable of working closely with Production, Quality, Sales, Customer Service, and Engineering in meeting company customer commitments.
The Quality Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experienced with Failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system (FRACAS)
- Working knowledge of AS9100
- Familiarity with requirements of IPC-A-610, MIL-STD-883, J-STD-001 highly desired but not required
The Quality Engineer - will:
- Work with the Operations, Inspection, Manufacturing Engineering and supply chain to address issues daily.
- Be data driven to assess processes, take measurements, and interpret data to facilitate continuous improvement in manufacturing operations.
- Report to the Quality Manager on Quality issues, metrics, and/or trends to support Management Reviews and improvement initiatives
- Investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
- Execute Assigned NCMRs, CARs, SCARs and Customer Complaints, leveraging help from other functions. Drive root cause analysis to ensure permanent fixes
- Administers Material Review Board (MRB)
- Evaluate and make recommendations on critical supplier selections and drives supplier continuous improvement processes, including leading on-site audits, evaluating prototypes, and reviewing and approving of supplier corrective actions
- Executes AS9100 Compliance Activities (Internal and External Audits, Training)
- Conducts internal audits and work cross functionally to resolve any findings through Corrective Actions.