We are currently support our Key Client to look for an exceptional talent who has years experiences in Supply Chain Management and Strategic Procurement within Chemical field.
- To lead Sourcing and Supply Development incl. required execution in China & SE Asia, for various Chemicals, Specialty chemicals, Capital equipment's/spares and products related to Chemicals, Fashion Yarn, Insulator Sector.
- This role will own best cost sourcing, Commercial contracts, supplier grow/maintain/exit strategy, supplier relationship, supplier development, supplier risk assessment, Supply base optimization, benchmarking, as well as own supplier metrics and performance measurement to drive total cost of ownership. Also, to keep close watch on market inputs, trends, developments in region pertaining to our sourced product in China and provide regular intelligence to business sourcing teams.
- Work also closely with business supply chain and procurement leaders to drive smart Sourcing and services from China.
- The incumbent must have strong knowledge of Chemical industries core direct Raw-Materials and Equipment's sourcing Sourcing & Supply chain in China. Also, deep understanding of China Govt policies related to custom /duties / special incentives etc.
- Vendor base in China and SE Asia is not tapped completely with so many new plants and capacities coming up in these regions. Language and information barriers are the constraints leading to untapped market
- The scope of sourcing changes and grows as new units are set-up / acquired.
- The supplier mix include unorganized sector to large organized sectors such as petroleum/petrochemical companies.
- Key drivers that impact sourcing cost and delivery are commodity price, shipping freight rates, rains and weather/natural events, demand-supply, and timing of contracting.
- Various sourcing options need to be explored & established from China like local sourcing and exporting through our own entity
- Market intelligence need to be strengthened as prices of many products are driven by China
- Understand sole source/ single /dual source supplier strategy
- Develop supplier contracting and risk assessment
- Lead and plan Annual Supplier conference for the business
- 10-15 Years hands-on experience in large and complex diverse manufacturing company owning Strategic Sourcing commodity management and supplier development teams incl. critical capital equipment's pertaining to Chemicals.
- Experience in complex Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Industrial company would be must.
- Strategic mind-set with strong financial and commercial acumen with International Purchasing exposure & global sourcing experience would be preferred
- Strong team player with exposure to work in matrix, influential and driving total cost of ownership
- Ability create functional depth across Sourcing teams in business
- Metrics, benchmarking/ market intelligence understanding and deploying into sourcing strategic is key added advantage
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please feel free to provide your latest CV and contact through we would love to schedule a call to discuss further!