- Accountable for category's purchase to strategy by conducting initial classification, external and internal analyses and contributing to strategy development & implementation
- Explore supply market structure and dynamics, strategies of suppliers, explore interregional trade flows and regional/global pricing structures, evaluate opportunities and threats, segment suppliers and evaluate supplier cost positions to deliver progress report to procurement management and inform iBPs
- Define boundaries for RfX (request for proposal/quotation) preparation / execution (RfX type and approach, iBP requirements, supplier list, alternatives to negotiated agreement) and identifying potential synergies from bundling of RfX for sub-regions across Asia Pacific
- Closely collaborate with group leader, iBP management, other Category Managers and Buyers to identify and drive cross-category synergies and savings initiatives also beyond the categories assigned as Regional Category Manager
- Lead Regional Category Buyers, provide input for functional performance appraisal and share best practices
- Approve qualified suppliers, evaluate supplier performance, define supplier development plans, decide on disqualification and phase-out of existing suppliers, drive supplier innovation etc.
Back to jobs