Maintenance Team Lead required for leading Chemical Manufacturing firm
- Greater Albany, NY Area
- Plant Leadership team
Looking for a strong Maintenance Team Lead who will be responsible for maintaining and taking care of all responsibilities that are assigned. This role will require a proper approach for safety and quality. In order to ensure the safety for others, this candidate will follow all procedures and show great leadership skills.
The Maintenance Team Lead Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for plans and will issue work orders to appropriate shift team members for the implementation of equipment modifications as well as preventative and any corrective maintenance
- Keep track of logs and any documentation that are related to operating metrics from a maintenance standpoint
- Must be active and show great leadership skills; Hands on, trouble shooting and maintenance production
- Making sure the environment is safe for all employees by identifying unsafe conditions or violation of safety procedures
- Must ensure safety training for all employees Working knowledge of 5s, TPM and other LEAN principles
- Work hand in hand with the engineering team to help fix machines and maintain proper machine functions
- Write and rewrite SOP's and KPI's for the maintenance team.
- Act as a safety lead and ensure OSHA safety regulations are established and being followed.
- Monitor workflow to ensure operations are in line with OSHA and other regulatory guidelines
- Develop a culture with an emphasis on Preventative Maintenance techniques
- Utilize TPM and 5s principles to optimize operations
- Work cross functionally with continuous improvement and operational excellence teams to help improve the plant's efficiency through Lean Six Sigma.
- Collaborate with manufacturing, quality and EHS teams to ensure alignment on goals
- Manage the spare/replacement parts inventory and maintain an organized list of parts and needed parts.
The Maintenance Team Lead Should Have The Following Skill Sets:
- 2+ years' maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Specialty chemical manufacturing or blending experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree a plus, but not required
- Reliability or preventative maintenance experience
- Experience driving maintenance programs and initiatives
- Previous experience working in a LEAN environment preferred
- Preventative maintenance program experience
- Fundamental understanding of TPM, 5s or similar LEAN Manufacturing concepts
- Strong leadership background
- Ability to serve as a dynamic leader in a fast paced, constantly changing environment