Sanitation Manager required for Fortune 500 Food Production Company
- Greater Houston Area, TX
- Plant Operations Team
A Fortune 500 Food Manufacturing company is looking for a Sanitation Manager. The manager will be overseeing the sanitation teams for two of their primary facilities. The Sanitation Manager will be tasked with leading and engaging the entire sanitation team in these two facilities with all necessary activities involving the production, packaging, and dry storage equipment.
The opportunity allows for the individual to work with exciting, strategic projects in partnership with key leaders of the company to showcase their communication, creativity, and technical expertise. With a culture that focuses on supporting their staff, the manager will have the ability to make changes to the department how they see fit while receiving a competitive salary, incentive pay, and a very comprehensive package of benefits.
Responsibilities of the Sanitation Manager:
- In charge of maximizing the use of employee skills, fostering growth, ensuring quality, overseeing housekeeping and safety measures, enforcing the use of necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), administering policies, managing employee relations, scheduling tasks, controlling costs, and coordinating sanitation tasks across multiple teams in various facilities.
- Manage, train, and develop, subordinates.
- Confer with multiple production departments to schedule sanitizing and cleaning assignments.
- Responding to reports of sanitation problems and USDA and FDA issues.
- Monitor sanitation performance as needed to verify guidelines and procedures costing specifications and system data.
- Prepare and compile required company and government reports within required deadlines and retain as required for production and food safety audits required in food manufacturing.
- Investigate ways to reduce, waste downtime and improve equipment and employee utilization in our continuous efforts to improve processes utilized; presents proposals to Manager for review and approval.
Qualifications for the Ideal Sanitation Manager:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of sanitation experience in an USDA/FDA regulated food manufacturing environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the 7 steps of sanitation
- Food Manufacturing Experience and working knowledge of SSOP, USDA, FDA, HACCP, and GMP.
- Basic skills and knowledge of SAP.
- Proven leadership experience
- Knowledge of CIP
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong communication skills.