We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Global Supply Manager, Capital Equipment to support our development teams in the sourcing of capital manufacturing equipment for current and future production projects. This role will report to our Supply Chain Group Manager and in parallel be an active sourcing resource supporting our various Engineering groups within the company.
The Global Supply Manager builds and leverages strong working relationships with our engineering teams and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. They work toward good supplier relationships and total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage for our company and our customers.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter; motivated with expert overall Sourcing Expertise.
- Build technical knowledge of manufacturing processes, technology landscape, and supply base for responsible sub-systems.
- Develop and issue complete RFQ packages to potential suppliers
- Validate, analyze, and make sourcing recommendations based on quote packages from suppliers.
- Fully support aggressive program and project timelines.
- Negotiate pricing, commercial terms and issue PO's for Production Equipment, Tooling and services
- Support organizational cost management objectives by identifying and negotiating commercial cost reduction opportunities.
- Negotiate cost changes related to product design changes on current production.
- Identify qualified suppliers and drive continuous quality improvement.
- Work on "Lean" initiatives and identify other sourcing efficiencies via benchmarking, VA/VE, competitive quotes and resourcing.
- Cultivate Best-in-Industry supplier relationships as single point of contact for all commercial and strategic issues.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of procurement, production, and related ERP systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Business, or Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years of experience in a Sourcing role, preferably for capital equipment or engineering and construction contracts OR a Master's degree in Business or Engineering
- Understanding of contract fundamentals
- Experience developing "should-cost" estimates and analyzing supplier quotes
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Demonstrated experience achieving and exceeding cost-reduction objectives
- Excellent Excel and other MS Office skills required
- Experience with ERP or MRP purchasing systems preferred.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, with various teams including engineers and supply chain personnel.
- Excellent negotiation, written and verbal skills.
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details.
- Team player and with strong interpersonal and project management skills