A leader in Oil & Gas is seeking a Sr Power Systems (Electrical) Engineer to join their team in Wichita, KS! This individual will need to be able to prioritize many business requests and have an established capability to learn and apply new knowledge.
This position includes up to 25% travel. This role is eligible for relocation and sign on incentives.
What You Will Do
- Provide technical support in project development, QA/QC, installation, commissioning, start-up and work activities on all electrical equipment upgrades, repairs, and new installations
- Lead and promote Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Identify, recommend, and champion solutions that reduce risk to employees, maximize system availability, and achieve lowest cost of operation
- Conduct periodic assessments of the health and integrity of the electrical equipment at the production facilities to maximize asset reliability and production availability
- Lead and mentor employees to apply Principle Based Management (PBM)
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of engineering work experience in an industrial setting working with Medium (>600V) and Low Voltage Electrical Equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical codes and standards (NEC, NFPA 70E, etc.)
- Experience in application engineering of electrical assets (i.e. switchgear, motors, drives, etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- 3+ years of Large (>$1MM) Capital Project Management experience