The position of Senior Manager of Chemical market intelligence is designed to meet these objectives:
In this role, you will be responsible for developing market intelligence of key chemical subcategory, including value chain mapping for key tier 2/ tier 3 feedstock and risk mitigation recommendations. Lead risk assessment and proactively manage the commodity risk, which is +60% dependency in China. Monitor Tier2/tier 3 feedstock and drive systematic risk reviews to develop mitigation plan. Manage China spend across multiple categories by partnering with global sourcing managers. Identify and develop alternatives to drive value creation and de-risk end to end Supply.
This is only possible through having extensive knowledge of chemical feedstock, value chain, suppliers, their industries, products/ services and being an excellent collaborator with Business partners.
- Market intelligence development for key categories
- Value chain mapping of 25 subcategories to develop in-depth understanding of the technology and supply industry area
- Develop iter2-tier 3 feedstock management strategy
- Align with Business and execute strategies for the specific technology area
- Feedstock and related risk management
- Lead efforts to identify key feedstock risk and identify and implement mitigation plan
- Build on Risk Register to establish rigorous risk monitoring processes
- Monitor regulation and other Micro economic risk and analyze the impact to chemical supply.
- Support global sourcing managers in the assessment and qualification of alternative solutions/suppliers to manage the risk and generate values.
- Supply Chain Management - China for Global Spends
- Partner with category manager to define and manage supplier relationship to best meet the needs of category strategy
- Accountable for the identification, implementation and tracking of Continuous Improvement initiatives at selected Suppliers
- Accountable for crisis resolution through early escalation and deployment of internal resources
- 8-15 year'sexperience in Chemical industry with deep understanding for value chain, Strategic Sourcing and/or Purchasing is required
- Experience working in the area of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) or Chemical
- Experience working in direct raw materials and feedstock managing is preferred.
Please let us know if you are interested in this opportunity and share your profile across, we would love to schedule a call to discuss further!