The role includes identifying opportunities for improvement in assembly process, in design and in components and leveraging team members in QA, engineering, operations and other support organizations as needed to solve them. In addition to identifying and solving key problems, a key part of the role is to identify prevention and risk mitigation opportunities to avoid defects from occurring in the first place, and to develop, implement and maintain quality assurance processes for the various types of products being manufactured.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Delivering quality improvements through strategic implementation of problem solving processes
- Driving six sigma problem solving methodology where appropriate and developing six sigma capabilities within the Quality Assurance organization
- Creating an organizational strategy for the Quality Assurance team responsible for managing existing product lines
- Leveraging technology to implement automation to improve quality assurance processes where appropriate
- Championing quality standards throughout the organization and effectively working with members of the Operations, Engineering and Advanced Development teams.
- Maintaining, applying, and revising quality assurance standards