Role: Senior Process Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading chemical manufacturing and direct reduction technology company in Charlotte, NC. They are looking for someone that has direct experience in a chemical manufacturing setting, and a drive toward reaching a more sustainable future.
The Senior Process Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Work as a team player with company employees on assignments. Work toward building consensus on assignments by finding solutions which meet the best interests of all parties involved.
- Develop process flow diagrams (PFDs).
- Develop gas, water, and solids mass and energy balances.
- Develop Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and oversee their issue.
- Develop equipment and line list and oversee their issue.
- Develop duty specifications for equipment.
- Perform and document process calculations, develop standard calculation methods, and check calculations by other process engineers.
- Serve as Lead Process Engineer for a project. As required, take direction from project management or other Chief Engineers.
- Evaluate existing and new process designs, keeping safety in mind.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) reviews. Lead PHA reviews (if trained).
- Participate in plant start-ups and plant troubleshooting.
The Senior Process Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Excellent technical writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with chemical process simulators (e.g. Aspen Plus).
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) or HAZOP facilitator certification.
- Professional Engineer registration (preferred)
- Industrial plant experience
The Senior Process Engineer should have the following Education/Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in a technical or industrial environment
Interested in this opportunity? Apply today!