A growing wholesale supplier is looking to add a Sr. Director, Logistics leads and oversees the distribution, logistics and warehouse functions to achieve organizational objectives, optimize performance metrics and meet customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute company logistics strategies to ensure all inbound/outbound logistics are optimized between suppliers, manufacturing, and customers.
- Oversee the purchasing, transporting, warehousing, and shipping of materials and products
- Successfully negotiate rates and contracts with external carriers
- Develop supply chain capabilities, physical and systematic, that improve cost and service level to customers
- Manage logistics and transportation processes
- Manages continuous improvement in inbound and outbound supply chain efficiencies through traffic management objectives and goals
- Manages Key Performance Indicators to include delivery cost, load utilization and outside storage cost
- Creates, implements, and periodically reviews strategic and tactical plans to achieve warehouse operational objectives.
- Works with the team to develop, implement, and enforce warehouse and logistics operation systems that create more efficiencies.
- Constantly evaluates and improves warehouse processes and procedures.
- Manages and monitors inventory levels to ensure accuracy and optimal utilization.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Supply Chain or closely related field
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to scale fulfillment and distribution processes
- Proficient with MS Excel Spreadsheet, MS Word software and Logistics software.
- Able to successfully develop, manage and lead cross functional projects