Sr. Quality Engineer required for Aerospace and Defense Supplier
- Tulsa, OK
A leading Aerospace and Defense Supplier is looking for a Sr. Quality Engineer to play an integral role in one of their primary facilities. The company began as a hardware supply store and has grown year by year ever since.
Today, the company is a global provider of innovative manufacturing solutions for customers in the aerospace, defense and industrial markets. They specialize in electronic and structural systems, producing complex products and components for commercial aircraft platforms, mission-critical military and space programs, and sophisticated industrial applications. The Sr. Quality Engineer will be responsible assures that planning and executing cost-effective quality programs that will help ensure contractual compliance to quality requirement and the integrity of delivered product.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Quality Engineer:
- Provide manufacturing engineering support including root cause analysis, corrective, and preventive actions to resolve problems in product manufacture.
- Support quality for current and future manufacturing requirements and determine the most effective methods to improve productivity through the management of people and technology.
- Understanding, and ability to apply, DOE, 6-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing desired. Strong computer skills in email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Microsoft Project, and MRP/EAP.
- Ensure that all contractual and regulatory quality requirements are defined and communicated on assigned programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronics manufacturing and assembly processes together with work measurement and work standards with a strong preference supporting DOD work
Qualifications for the Ideal Sr. Quality Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Master's degree in related field a plus
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Quality Engineering in Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment
- IPC certified
- Experience working with Solder Joints required
- PCB experience a must
- CCA experience preferred
- DOD experience in plus
- Experience working in a NADCAP environment
- ISO AS9100 / AS9102 experience