Strategic Buyer - Hilden, Germany
A new and exciting opportunity to join a global market leader in the industrial technology sector. They're seeking a strategic buyer to join their team in Hilden, Germany. This organisation specialises in the areas of adhesives, vibration and motion control, coatings, and magnetically responsive technologies; providing innovative solutions for the oil and gas, automotive, aerospace and defence industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Fortune 250 global leader that offers excellent career progression opportunities on an international scale.
- Independent and responsible for the purchasing of raw materials and services of all kinds at the best conditions and optimal overall costs.
- Individual and framework contracts, as well as long-term agreements - from creation to negotiation to implementation.
- Systematic supplier selection and supplier evaluation in a national and international context in order to secure product and price advantages in the long term and generate cost savings.
- Monitoring and ensuring the delivery dates and quality specifications.
- Drafting and negotiating the purchasing conditions with existing and new suppliers.
- Research for new suppliers and cooperation partners, as well as corresponding market observations.
- Proactive cooperation with the internal interfaces.
- A degree in business administration or commercial training with appropriate professional experience or comparable qualifications.
- Several years of professional experience in the purchasing sector, ideally with chemical raw materials.
- Knowledge of contract law.
- Knowledge of LEAN management methods and tools is desirable.
- Active, permanent, holistic process and cost thinking.
- Assertiveness and persuasiveness.
- Strong motivation and communication skills.
- User knowledge in a common ERP system (ideally in SBO or SAP), advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Fluent in German and business fluent in English, spoken and written.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815