Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager, Contract Manufacturing
One of the world's leading innovators in materials science is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, Contract Manufacturing. For more than 160 years, this client has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
- Develops and/or assists with Strategic Sourcing plans and objectives (short & long term) based on forecasts of future demand and considering economic and currency trends and conditions that affect GSM, the business, and the global commodity sourced.
- Works with the Business, GSSM, and Buyers on assigned global commodities to prepare and solicit competitive bids, quotations, and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms, and conditions.
- Develops and reviews specifications, statements of work, performance terms and accept/reject criteria.
- Conducts negotiations with potential and/or current major suppliers to obtain maximum value.
- Leads the development and communication of global supply intelligence for assigned commodities
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years experience within Procurement (experience working with contract manufacturers is a plus)
- Experience in manufacturing‚ operations, planning, engineering, supply management, or procurement.
Does this sound like an interesting opportunity? If so, don't wait to apply!