Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Level: Manager
Our client, a premier pharmaceuticals organization focused on sustainability efforts, is looking for an Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement to build out the indirect strategic sourcing strategies for the organization as this is a new role on the team!
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement is a newly created position within the organization as the successful candidate will develop the strategy for all Americas spend ($200M+). Our client is looking for someone with 5+ years of experience who is interested in stepping into this role and be able to work with a greenfield project to define and build out the indirect commodity strategies for all indirect procurement. This role would also report into the Head of Procurement, and will have the autonomy and trust to work independently on these major projects.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement will be responsible for:
- Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities.
- Develop and implement strategies for assigned commodities that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Highly collaborate with the sales, maintenance operations, and supply chain teams
- Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers
The Strategic Sourcing Manager - Indirect Procurement has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or other related field
- 5+ years of sourcing experience (either indirect or direct commodities)
- Passion for the chemicals industry or to join the industry
- Excitement to build a strategic sourcing organization from the ground up
Perks of joining the team:
- Dress down (every day!) when returning to the office in 2021
- Weekly drinks and events with co-workers
- Opportunity to join a tight knit group yet work very autonomously!