Company Summary: An iconic American Photography Company best known for its instant film cameras is looking to add to their growing international team, a System Engineer - Optical, to work across multiple teams and coordinate between different product objectives. You will be part of an expanding company, thriving on nostalgia and relaunching old classics with a modern twist, striking a cord with today's generation.
The System Engineer - Optical will be responsible for:
- The technical architecture and system performance of instant film analog cameras.
- Collaborating and supporting across different teams such as the hardware, film and app teams, aligned with consumer needs and product objectives
- Playing a key role in the development of future products and working closely with Advance Technology System team and conducting studies for new projects.
The System Engineer - Optical should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree above in Imaging/Color/Optics/Photonics Technical/Engineering/Science related field
- Min 5+ years of experience in lens design.
- Experience in optics industry and lens related vendor managemen (AF, Zoom)
- Familiar with the optical manufacturing process and the industrial supply chain.
- Skill and experience in precision mechanical engineering and optics field especially optical design expertise of analog camera lens (spherical and aspherical optics)
- Experience with the design tool Zemax
If you are interested in the role, do not wait to apply and get started on your exciting new journey!