Work directly with Corporate Purchasing Vice President and Division Purchasing leaders in the creation, implementation, tracking and maintenance of a long-term cost management plan within the build for rent and fee build space. This position will regularly work with the Strategic Sourcing Managers in the application of a multi-market leveraged purchasing approach in the entire company footprint.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish strategic business relationships with large regional and national suppliers focusing on BFR communities
- Create baselines for each BFR community to track current successes, deltas, gaps, and future opportunities
- Baseline creation includes but is not limited to project schedules and project road mapping
- Must work closely with Division Leadership, Corporate Purchasing and Corporate Finance to create an overarching schedule relating to mass purchasing potential
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers and large subcontractors across multiple Divisions with full collaborative assistance from Division Purchasing and Production teams
- Collaborate with Divisions while working with Corporate Purchasing VP and Corporate Finance
- Conduct product use reviews and act as an internal liaison between Strategic Sourcing Managers and manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle complex situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, discretion and professionalism
- Must have a strong working knowledge of a variety of software applications in word processing, database, presentation software and spreadsheets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Detailed spreadsheet creation and manipulation is required
- Experience with a National Homebuilder in the Purchasing/Supply Chain Management at a high level is desired
- Location in Rockville, MD, at DRB Group Corporate Headquarters, travel will be involved at least 45-50% of the time.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Knowledge of field operations, scheduling, deliveries and logistics are critical
- Knowledge of Division and Corporate Purchasing methods are needed
- Must have valid drivers license for business travel
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, construction management or equivalent education and work experience
- 8 years of previous experience within the residential homebuilding industry is required
- 2 years of field related experience
- 6 years of purchasing experience